Thursday 10 December 2009

What I'm reading right now....

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen


Synopsis:  All Remy has to remember her father by is a song.  'This Lullaby', with the memorable line, 'I will let you down'.  Having seen her mother go through four failed marriages, she's pretty sure that's what most men do.  So she's determined to keep the men in her life at arms' length.


But when Dexter comes crashing into her world.  He's everything she hates: messy, disorganised, impulsive and worst of all, a musician like her father.  So why is it suddenly so hard for her to stick to her own rules?


I picked up this book when I was scouring the shelves of the book shop today it sounds quite intriguing.  I'm only a few pages into it but it seems interesting, Remy is in her late teens rather than being the standard sixteen or seventeen, she's left high school, is cynical and damaged and has lost her faith in men.  I'm interested in how this story is going to develop and what Dexter is going to be like....


No comments:

Post a Comment