Friday 11 December 2009

Framing Friday

So, I was in my local Waterstones (book shop) this morning when I caught a glimpse of a book cover which was so hauntingly beautiful.  I toddled over to this book and as it would happen the synopsis on the back cover did nothing to interest me so I didn't buy it but it did get me thinking about book covers which are so artistic that I wish I could take them off, frame them and hang them on my wall - that if I didn't so strongly object to defacing a book - anyway I've decided to do this weekly thing where I post a book with a cover that I want to frame and hang - hence Framing Friday.  Feel free to join in if you want just leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one) so that I can check out what book covers you would put on your wall....





My pick for this week is the cover to Fallen by Lauren Kate I just absolutely love this cover, it's so gorgeous.  The dark colours, the profile of the girl with her face in her hands, the ominious forest trees in the background which hint at something sinister.

1 comment:

  1. The cover of Fallen is beautiful indeed!
    And I would LOVE to read the book too. :)

    ReplyDelete