Wednesday 9 December 2009

On My Wishlist


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by book chick city at www.bookchickcity.com whose blog I absolutely love. Anyway, On My Wishlist is where we can post our list of books which are on the list to be read, wishing we owned....books we covet.

First on my wishlist is Immortal by Gillian Shields.

Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies, housed in a Gothic mansion on the bleak northern moors, is elite, expensive, and unwelcoming. When Evie Johnson is torn away from her home by the sea to become the newest scholarship student, she is more isolated than she could have dreamed. Strict teachers, snobbish students, and the oppressive atmosphere of Wyldcliffe leave Evie drowning in loneliness.
Evie's only lifeline is Sebastian, a rebellious, mocking, dangerously attractive young man she meets by chance. As Evie's feelings for Sebastian grow with each secret meeting, she starts to fear that he is hiding something about his past. And she is haunted by glimpses of a strange, ghostly girl—a girl who is so eerily like Evie, she could be a sister. Evie is slowly drawn into a tangled web of past and present that she cannot control. And as the extraordinary, elemental forces of Wyldcliffe rise up like the mighty sea, Evie is faced with an astounding truth about Sebastian, and her own incredible fate


What draws me to this book is the synopsis and how it sounds eirily like Wuthering Heights, also I love the appeal of a dangerous boy. The cover art also appeals to me with it blue background and pendant.


Next up is Fallen by Lauren Kate:  This is a book I've been waiting for for weeks.  I've become sort of addicted to the whole angel/human love story....I'm hoping when I finally get my hands on this book it meets all of my expectations and lives up to all the hype...

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours? 17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross ...only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart. Some angels are destined to fall...


Ooohh and the cover art is just absolutely stunning......dark, ominous, misty background, the profile of a girl whose face we can't make out, the white lettering which stands out against the dark blue colours it all just draws me in, calling me to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Great books! I have just finished Fallen (review up next week) and I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

    ReplyDelete