Wednesday 25 August 2010

Struggling, struggling, struggling.

I am officially struggling with books which there seems to be a huge amount of hype about.  Couldn't stand Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Found Breaking Dawn ridiculous.  Now am struggling my way through Eat, pray, love. 

The reason I picked up this book in the first place was because I'd seen the trailer for the movie and it looked good.  And because I have a slight adoration for Julia Roberts.  But I'm finding the book rather self indulgent...does it improve...did anyone else enjoy it?  Thoughts?  Comments??

2 comments:

  1. It happens don't worry. I struggled through Time Travelers Wife and DNF, I also have tried to start Dragon Tattoo but can't get into it and I just completed Hunger Games, it wasn't for me.

    You have to read this review from a fellow blogging friend.

    http://tomesdevotee.blogspot.com/2010/08/eat-pray-love-buckle-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I hated it so much I thought I was gonna pop a blood vessel, and my rant I mean review Marce is talking about was a way for me to vent my anger at having to read that steamy pile of doodoo. Self indulgent is putting it mildly, the gal wanted a divorce, no one was abused, terminally ill in financial strife, what a rip.

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete