Saturday 28 August 2010

I tried....really I did...

I just couldn't do it.  I tried, I really and truely did but I just couldn't take it any more.  I had to abandon trying to read Eat, Pray, Love.  It is probably one of the first if not the first book I've ever abandoned and I've struggled through quite a few. 

To me she just sounded plain whiney.  She was married to a man who seemingly loved her, didn't treat her badly, didn't hit her and seemed to only want to have a loving wife and make some babies.  She decided she didn't so she divorced him then complains he wants to take her for all she's got.  I felt more sorry for him, he was just some unsuspecting chump. 

It was just all about her, I thought it was going to be a journey of learning new cultures, languages, cuisines and love but it seemed to be a forum for her to complain about how miserable her life was....I just found it a little too self indulgent and can't really see what all the hype was about....sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment