Thursday 19 August 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a meme I found through Tea Time with Marce but the actual meme is at booking through thursday.  Here are this week's questions and my answers:

1. Favorite childhood book?


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
2. What are you reading right now?

The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
3. What books do you have on request at the library?

None at the moment.
4. Bad book habit?
Buying more books when I already have a to be read pile sky high.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

Nothing.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
No, I prefer good old fashioned books.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

One at a time.  I like to fully experience the world of the book.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

Not really, now I just write down my thoughts rather than keeping them all in my head.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not very often, I should try to do that more.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
General literature, classics, young adult.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Yes, and I do quite frequently.

14. Favorite place to read?
In my bed.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
I'm a bit obsessive about my books so don't really like lending them out.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
That's like blasphemy against the book gods.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
See the above answer.

18. Not even with text books?

Nope, never.


19. What is your favorite language to read in?

Ah, that would be English as that's the only language I know.
20. What makes you love a book?

The artistry of the plot, the authenticity of the characters and the flow of the words.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

See above.
22. Favorite genre?
Women's fiction or young adult


23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)

Thriller
Favorite biography?
Angela's Ashes.


25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Nope. Not yet.
26. Favorite cookbook?
Don't have a favourite.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

I don't know that I've read anything I'd call inspirational.


28. Favorite reading snack?

Cup of tea or horlicks or hot chocolate.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.

Girl with the dragon Tattoo
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
It's a bit 50/50
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don't really like doing it but I can't say a books good if I didn't enjoy it and it's only my personal opinion.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Latin or Polish.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?

James Joyce's Ulysses but I didn't finish it.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?

Don't have one at the moment
35. Favorite Poet?
Wilfred Owen and Shakespeare.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Whatever the limit is (usually ten)
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Not often I usually renew them.
38. Favorite fictional character?

Probably Elizabeth Bennett she was just so fiery and fiesty and didn't want to settle for anything less than love and knew who she was within her self and wasn't prepared to change or sacrifice.
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - not from a book but I had the biggest thing for him.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?

The Notebook, The Time Traveller's Wife, The Bronzehorseman.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.

Maybe a week.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Can't think of one off hand.  Ohhh, The Shining scared the heck out of me.  I later went back and finished it.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
People trying to talk to me.

44. Favourite film adaption of a novel?

The Notebook.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Time Traveller's Wife.  It was terrible.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?

Probably over a hundred pound.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Not very often, sometimes I'll read the first chapter in the shop to see if i want to buy it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?

If it was moving too slow or was confusing or if I couldn't connect to the characters.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes, in genre and then in alphabetical order by author.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep them.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?

Breaking Dawn.

52. Name a book that made you angry.

Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.  It was terrible.


53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
The Time traveller's wife.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Girl with the dragon tattoo.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Anything by Jane Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment