Thursday 11 March 2010

Book meme

I found this meme on my favourite book blog; http://www.bookchickcity.com/2009/08/bookish-meme.html and thought I'd answer the questions myself so here goes:


Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
For me any of the above is fine.  I do tend to sway more towards hardback for my collection but paperbacks are easier to read on the run or out and about...

Waterstones, Borders or Amazon?
I am a Waterstones addict.  I openly and freely admit it.  

Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark.  Dog-ear is bad.

Amazon or brick-and-mortar?
Brick and mortar.  I love book shops, I love the textile experience of being able to hold the book in my hands and flip through the pages.

Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random?
A little of all three.  Sometimes by genre and then by author.

Keep, throw away, or sell?
I keep the majority of my books but if there are any I can bear to part with I will usually take to charity shops or sell.

Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Keep!

Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I usually remove it to keep it from being damaged.

Short story or novel?
Novels.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
I don't really have an opinion on this one as I haven't read either.

Buy or borrow?
A little of both.  But I prefer to buy. 

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
Probably all three. 

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending for stand alone novels but if it's a series a cliffhanger makes me want to read the next one.

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Any time.

Stand-alone or series?
Both.  Although with series I find it gives you the chance to really connect with the characters.

Favourite series?
Can't pick just one.  

Favorite children’s book?
Anything by Roald Dahl.  Alice and Wonderland.  Winnie the Pooh.

Favourite YA book?
Hush, Hush or Shiver.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Someone will always have heard of whatever I say so....

Favourite books read last year?
Shiver, Hush, Hush, The Time Traveler's Wife....

Favourite books of all time?
Anything by Jane Austen, The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons, Romeo and Juliet (although not really a book..), The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - really anything by Nicholas Sparks.

Favorite book to recommend to an 11-year-old?
Roald Dahl - anything by him is just great.  

Favorite book to re-read?
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

Do you ever smell books?
Yes...it's sad I know, I'm sorry

Do you ever read primary source documents like letters or diaries?
Sometimes.

What are you reading right now?
Right now I'm looking for my next read.  A trip to Waterstones is in order.

What are you reading next?
See above.


No comments:

Post a Comment