Sunday 12 September 2010

Top Ten Picks - Feel good books







I'm slightly late for this one this week but anyway here it is:  This week's topic is feel good books.  Books which provoke warm, fuzzy feelings.  Random ramblings created this meme so check her blog out.

Now onto my feel good picks:

1)  Winnie the pooh - who doesn't love this loveable little bear.  Even a cynic could sit down and read this book and still be enchanted.

2) The Notebook - Ah, this book just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - Allie and Noah are just great, their love suffers but stays strong and lasts the test of time.

3) Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - there really isn't anything else to say.

4) The Rescue - this one's a bit soap opera-ish but still a really heartwarming story.

5) Alice in Wonderland - slightly trippy but what's not to love?

6) Hairy Maclary - I worshipped this book as a child and the author is from New Zealand.  The language is just so flowy and Hairy is cute.

7) The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss was a genius - his language was so rhythmic, delicious and funny.

8) Emma - what would a list of feel good books be without a little Jane Austen?  Jane Austen's writing makes me wish for a time past - a time with flowy, romantic language, gentlemen and the lost art of the letter. 

9) Mary Poppins - I always wished for a nanny like her (not that I had a nanny to begin with) - some singing, motherly figure who'd fix all the familial problems.
10) Charlotte's Web - Wilber was so super cute, Charlotte wise just a gorgeous book. 



2 comments:

  1. I envy your picks...can you believe I blanked on what to include?! Loved all the kid lit, though I haven't heard of Harry Maclary, but how cute is that dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you via someone else's blog - hmmm, can't remember whose. Anyway, I'm really enjoying it and plan to be back often. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete