Wednesday 6 January 2010

On My Wishlist #5



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City whose blog I absolutely love. Anyway, On My Wishlist is where we can post our list of books which are on the list to be read, wishing we owned....books we covet.

The first book on my wishlist this week I discovered on another person's blog - I want to read that - the book is Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt:



This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.


I particularily like the cover art for this book, it portrays that lost feeling that I think the book will highlight - can't wait to read it.


The second book on my wishlist this week is Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler:

Ivy and Tristan are meant to be together. Both stunningly attractive, brilliantly talented and very much in love, they think their happiness will last forever. When a terrible car accident shatters their world, killing Tristan and injuring Ivy, she must face life alone - or so she thinks. However, Tristan is watching over her as her guardian angel - so close she can feel his touch and hear his voice. And no one needs a guardian angel more than Ivy, because someone is trying to kill her. But if Tristan saves Ivy, his mission on earth will be finished, and he'll have to leave her behind. Will saving Ivy mean losing her forever?


I've seen this book in the bookshop and have hummed and harred over it, I'm intrigued by the concept of the story, it's very Romeo and Juliet-esqe but only one half of the couple dies leaving the other to pick up the pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment